Hey y'all been a few days since I have made an entry. So here goes nothing.
After being in pain for about 4 days after the horrible test they put me through I thought I had recovered. WRONG!!! My ovaries (Tweedle-Dee andTweedle-Dumb) have gotten the memo about their best friend Her Royal Majesty, Queen of the Damned's early exit and have started letting me now their displeasure about my decision.
I woke up this morning to Rockem Sockem Ovaries ala the children's game of the 1960's. I have gotten used to the pain over the last decade or so but some days are worse than others. I have done this without the use of painkillers for the most part as I have always been afraid of getting addicted to them and I do not really like the way they make me feel. This being said it sucks big donkey balls sometimes and days that I want to curl up in my bed and hug my cats (Dior and Issey, mommy loves you :-) ) but I have to drag myself out of my comfortable bed and head to work with a somewhat happy face. For those who know me in uniform, I usually have people tell me I look mean but underneath the ABUs I'm really a softie.
Our holiday party is coming up this week and even if I feel like crap I will go as I have made the tackiest Christmas Shawl in history. I have seen some of the competition and it is stiff. My friend/escort from previous blog entry Nichole's boyfriend is one of the best I have seen. I on the other hand am unable to grow chest hair so shaving a Christmas tree into said non existent chest chair is not going to happen.
yes. complete with lights and music, made out a tree skirt.
Kelly is still in Afghanistan and wish she would come home in time for my surgery but she wont get home until March which means that after the first week of my mommIE being here I will be on my own. This does concern me a little but I'm sure my bestie will come up here I need her to.
I guess the good things that will come of this hysterectomy are:
1. Less pain, wont take all the pain away but will cut it down drastically
2. added to my sleep disorder I will be on a permanent day schedule (except for mandatory missions to keep currency)
3. with a permanent day schedule I will be able to start college classes for the summer semester. This means I should have my Associates by my birthday.
Christmas is coming up soon and Im not really festive but am making the best of it. Less than 50 days to go until I dont have a uterus. 40 days until my NO baby shower.
Shadow says Merry Catmas to all and to all a good night.


No comments:
Post a Comment